Today is just one of those days where it is clear that I got up on the wrong side of the bed. I am just plain irritable and cranky. And no, it doesn’t have to do with any “female problems.”
Here is what I am cranky about, maybe if I get it off my chest I’ll feel better:
1. Friends from high school (that went to school with me since kindergarten!) that have stopped talking to me for no reason. I’ve wracked my brain to think of something I could have done to each and every person, but I honestly cannot think of anything. If you are going to be mad at me at least tell me why. I write nice letters every couple of months, but never get any response. I don’t know why I bother.
2. People who do other things when they are driving – texting, eating, reading (!!!), turning all the way around to yell at their kids, or anything else that isn’t paying attention to driving. Seriously people you could kill someone if you do not focus on driving. If you need to do any of the aforementioned things pull over.
3. Inane “reality” TV shows.
4. People who don’t understand that not everyone finds their child/dog/cat/turtle/bird/etc. cute and that I do not necessarily want your child/dog/cat/turtle/bird/etc. climbing all over me during dinner/an airplane trip/at petsmart. Sometimes I do find your child/dog/cat/turtle/bird/etc. cute just not all the time. This goes double if your dog is jumping on me because he does not have a leash while he is in a “leash required” area. I should mention that I generally like children/dogs/cats/turtles/birds/etcs., just on my own terms.
5. Speaking of children. Acquaintances that (in my humble opinion) rudely ask me when I am going to have kids. This one might just be me, but I think this is a rude question. It’s kind of like if I asked them “when are you going to STOP having kids.” It just seems like a private matter to me that I might only talk about with my immediate family and only my best friends. It’s also rude because if you do not know a person well that answer could be painful for them – maybe she is unable to have children or just had a miscarriage. Shrug.
6. People who lack cell phone etiquette and people who lake etiquette in general. You do not need to know where every piece of silverware goes, but you should be able to say “thank you” when I hold the door open for you even if you are on your cell phone.
7. Not getting hired because of where I went to college. Yes, this has happened. No, I do not want to explain further at this time.
8. Not being able to find pants that fit me.
9. Only being able to buy petite clothing on the internet without trying it on and then having to pay $6 to return the item by mail because the store does not accept petite returns. I’m sure this one is some kind of discrimination.
10. People telling me what it is that I want to do with my life or what I do not want to do with my life. I appreciate your opinions and am grateful for them, but I can think for myself.
I do not enjoy being such a negative Nancy :-), but I do feel better now. I also know that my problems are nothing compared to some people and that overall I am a lucky person. It’s just one of those days where all my little issues seem really big. 😦